When the weather outside is chilly, finding things to do in the winter can be a challenge, so we have come up with 13 things you can do to enjoy the long winter seasons.
No snow, but want to do something wintry?
- Go indoor ice skating with family and friends
- Go indoor skiing it can be just as much fun and it’s cheaper than going abroad!
- Go for a walk outdoors then come home to a warm glowing fire and treat yourself to a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmellows
If it has been snowing…
- Build a snowman or a snow fort with your children
- Go sledging at your local park
- Wrap up warm and go far a nice long walk and admire the beautiful snowy wintry scenery
Prefer to stay indoors?
- Do arts and crafts with your children e.g make paper snowflake cut outs, or paint a nice painting
- Bake cookies and decorate them with icing sugar (create a winter theme)
- Put a movie on, light the fire and snuggle up on the sofa under a nice woolly blanket
- Grab your favourite book or start a new novel and pour yourself a nice glass of wine and relax!
- Put on your most comfortable clothing on, wear your softest slippers and do some online shopping! One of the best things about Firemizer is that you can buy it online, so there’s no need to worry about big crowds or queues and the product will get delivered directly to your door – perfect!
- Have an extra warm and relaxing bath and read your favourite book
Do a good deed
- Nothing warms the heart than helping others in need, why not donate food, clothing and toys to a local charity shop, it will also make you feel better and happy knowing you have put a smile on someone’s face.
These are just a few ideas you can do over the long winter seasons. You may wish to do all the outdoor activities during the day then do all the indoor activities in the evening time.
We would love to hear what you like to do in the winter time, feel free to give us some winter activity ideas below!