With the temperatures increasing across the Uk after we saw the hottest day so far reach 30 degrees, it’s safe to say how do we stay safe this summer?
Here are some general tips for the summer but you just need common sense!
- Use suncream, even if you want that glorious golden tan, no one wants to risk looking like a lobster!
- DON’T leave your pets in the unattended in your car! If you do I will come to rescue your dog! If you don’t believe how dangerous it can be for dogs check out this video. This should be all the warning you need!
- Be wary of open bodies of water. Yes, they do look inviting especially on a hot day, however, they can be deadly as you could be easily swept away by the undercurrent.
- Drink lots of liquids! And no not just beer, although that is tempting!
- To stay cool, get a hot water bottle and fill it then put in your freezer, once frozen place in your bed to keep It cool before you get in!
Fire pit safety
Another way you can stay safe is by paying attention to your fire pit. Fire pit accidents are among the nearly 6,000 grill fires each year, sometimes these spread to become an outdoor fire.
- Do not place fire pit directly onto wooden decking or grass. Choose a nonflammable level surface to the place the fire pit on.
- If your fire pit is free standing make sure it has sturdy legs!
- Keep the fire pit 10-20 feet away from fences, buildings and other flammable Debris
- Don’t forget to use Firemizer in your fire pit!
- Do not light the fire with lighter fluid, gasoline or Alcohol instead use a firelighter for instance Firebuilder.
Stay safe this summer and enjoy the hot weather!