Firemizer’s round-up of 2017!
2017 is over!
As we finish the last of the turkey, now seems a perfect time to reflect on the successes of 2017. with growing purchases of Firemizer in the US market and the introduction of its sister-product Firebuilder in the UK market, homes across both continents have been enjoying their fireplaces and wood-burning stoves for cheaper and longer over the festive period.
Firemizer (a unique heat grid that is easy to use and optimises the performance of solid fuel fires and stoves) continued its strong sales in the UK market and concluded 2017 with its best month of US website sales in December. Firebuilder (an odourless and kerosene-free firelighter that doubles as kindling) enjoyed a strong introduction to the UK market. They received some glowing reviews –
- Green & beauty blogger Fifi Friendly said “Honest pants on, I was a little sceptical and set out to test their claims. Better heat, longer burn time, money-saving and easier to clean… bonus! It totally works.”
- UK-based-attractions website What’s Good To Do described the combination of Firemizer and Firebuilder as able to produce a “warm room very quickly in half the time of my usual fires. These items are without
Kerosene and odourless, quicker and also made of recycled material so have to recommend them.”
- Green living Eco Fluffy Mama thought that it “actually made the fire look really pretty. It’s also made cleaning out the ash pan a much more pleasant experience.”
- French-based Family bloggers Family Makes reported that “our son has been working over there and has certainly seen the benefit. Hhe seems to be using fewer logs, and they last longer and burn more thoroughly.”
- Craft with Cartwright, a freelance illustrator and craftswoman, taught us how Firemizer is the perfect companion to a BBQ – “it slows down the air flow and reduces the burn rate […] giving you a longer time period to cook for, great when you are entertaining from lunch into evening.” On her BBQ essentials, health blogger Just Average Jen mentioned that Firemizer allowed her to “cook more items than normal as it was still hot so we cooked some food for the following day!”
- Finally, videogame and tech enthusiast DadGeek said “it gave us a really decent campfire all evening and well into the night. I’d really recommend it for people who are heavy/regular users of a fire pit or barbecue. The main benefit is going to be those mid-to-long term fuel savings.”
Firemizer also found itself featured in national newspaper The Sun’s ‘Sun Savers’. This featured a collection of products that help to save money during the chilly November months.
Our top tips for beating the chills of November without racking up huge bills — plus find out high street deals from Sun Savers
In 2017, Microtex attended its first Exhibition show – the Grand Designs Exhibition show held in Birmingham’s NEC Arena. Over the course of five (very long but rewarding) days, we had the chance to speak face-to-face with new customers and old supporters of Firemizer and Firebuilder and convey the true ingenuity of the products ourselves. We loved it; we’re even booked to exhibit at the Columbus Home & Garden Show and Countryfile Live this year!
The Firemizer team also participated in Movember last year, trying our hardest to grow out our moustaches in the name of changing the face of men’s health. Though our facial hair wasn’t that impressive, the £292 that we raised certainly was. Here’s to another great Movember helping a great cause!
2017 also marked the beginning of a partnership with Canadian fan and heating manufacturer Caframo. With new packaging, Firemizer is now available to buy on Amazon!
And now 2018 is upon us, Firemizer and Firebuilder are enjoying a completely refreshed website, courtesy of m360 graphic designers – the new website features a cleaner layout, updated research findings and is generally more streamlined and intuitive. This means that buying with us has never been quicker or easier! Be sure to look out for our new website launch in the coming days.
Let’s hope the future of Firemizer and Firebuilder stays bright as we tackle this year with a fire roaring in our bellies and in our hearths too.